• Can we quote Permanent Account Number (PAN) in place of TAN?

    No. PAN should never be quoted in the field where TAN is required to be quoted. The purposes for which PAN and TAN are allotted are different. TAN is a unique identification number which is allotted to persons who are required to deduct tax at source or collect tax at source.

  • How can any change in address or details on the basis of which TAN was allotted be rectified?

    If there is any change in the data provided in the application for allotment of TAN (i.e. data provide at the time of allotment of TAN), then such change is to be communicated to the Income Tax Department by intimating the change in , the "Form for Change or Correction in TAN data". Duly filed form should be submitted to the TIN Facilitation Centres or an online application can be made at https://www.tin-nsdl.com

  • Can assessee have multiple TAN?

    In case of multiple DDOs and separate branches of companies, the assessee should apply for separate TAN.

  • What are the forms of return for trusts, institutions, and colleges under the Income-tax Law?

    Under the Income-tax Law, ITR-7 is prescribed for trusts, institutions and colleges.

Member Login
  • If you are a new member,
    kindly register in FMSF wesbite